Call for Papers: FAFNIR 1/2018
Fafnir – Nordic Journal of Science Fiction and Fantasy Research invites you to submit a paper for the upcoming issue 1/2018!
Fafnir – Nordic Journal of Science Fiction and Fantasy Research is a peer-reviewed academic journal which is published in electronic format four times a year. Fafnir is published by Finfar – The Finnish Society of Science Fiction and Fantasy Researchers (Suomen science fiction- ja fantasia tutkimuksen seura ry, http://www.finfar.org).
Now Fafnir invites authors to submit papers for its issue 1/2018. Fafnir publishes various texts ranging from peer-reviewed research articles to short overviews and book reviews in the field of science fiction and fantasy research.
If you would like to submit your text for Fafnir 1/2018, we kindly ask you to take the following into account:
– The submissions must be original work, and written in English (or in Finnish or in Scandinavian languages).
– Manuscripts of research articles should be between 20,000 and 40,000 characters in length.
– The journal uses the most recent edition of the MLA Style Manual (see for example https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/).
– For further notes on style and submission guidelines, see http://journal.finfar.org/for-authors/
– The manuscripts of research articles will be peer-reviewed.
– Please note that as Fafnir is designed to be of interest to readers with varying backgrounds, essays and other texts should be as accessibly written as possible.
– Also, if English is not your first language, please have your article reviewed or edited by an English language editor.
In addition to research articles, Fafnir welcomes text submissions such as essays, interviews, overviews and book reviews on any subject suited for the journal.
The deadline for the submissions is 31 March 2018.
Please send your electronic submission (as an RTF-file) to the following address: submissions(at)finfar.org. For further information, please contact the editors via submissions address. See also more detailed information on our checklist and submission guidelines: http://journal.finfar.org/for-authors/submission-guidelines.
The upcoming issue is scheduled for June 2018.