Fafnir – Nordic Journal of Science Fiction and Fantasy Research, Volume 2, Issue 1, page 31.
Call for papers Fafnir 3/2015 (Nordic issue)
Fafnir – Nordic Journal of Science Fiction and Fantasy Research invites you to submit a paper for the upcoming edition 3/2015!
Fafnir – Nordic Journal of Science Fiction and Fantasy Research is a peer-reviewed academic journal which is published in electronic format four times a year. Fafnir is published by The Finnish Society of Science Fiction and Fantasy Researchers (Suomen science fiction- ja fantasiatutkimuksen seura ry).
One of the objectives of Fafnir is to join up the Nordic field of science fiction and fantasy research, and the upcoming issue will be dedicated to the history and present state of science fiction and fantasy research in the Nordic countries.
If you would like to submit your text for Fafnir 3/2015, we ask you to take the following into account:
- The main language of the journal is English, but articles are also published in Finnish or in the Scandinavian languages. Please note that if English is not your first language, you should have your text reviewed or edited by an English language editor before submitting it for Fafnir.
- The submissions must be original work.
- Manuscripts of research articles should be between 20,000 and 40,000 characters in length.
- The journal uses the most recent edition of the MLA Style Manual.
- The manuscripts of research articles will be peer-reviewed.
In addition to research articles, Fafnir welcomes text submissions such as essays, interviews, overviews and book reviews on any subject suited for the journal.
The deadline for the submissions is 31 May 2015.
Please send your electronic submission (as an RTF-file) to the following address: submissions(at)finfar.org. For further information, please contact the editors: jyrki.korpua(at)oulu.fi, hanna.roine(at)uta.fi and paivi.vaatanen(at)helsinki.fi. See also more detailed information on our checklist and submission guidelines.
The upcoming edition is scheduled for September 2015.